Thursday, July 18, 2013

horror ringtones I have loved.



Not the most important topic in the world, but I sometimes find myself spending hours trying to find awesome horror ringtones and notification sounds for my cellphone. So, I thought I'd give a list of ones that make me happy, and how well they work in practice. (I'm more fond of theme music than dialogue samples or sound effects.)

1. Exorcist theme - This is my go-to ringtone. It's not overbearing, and it starts soft and builds. It is also just a really pretty and haunting piece of music. I sometimes don't hear it immediately, but it does build in volume and I've yet to miss a call with it.

2. X-files theme - this is another good softer ringtone. Again, not overbearing. I have this one set for my friend Jeff, because we first bonded over our love of this show back when it was on the air. We met at a Halloween dance in high school, both dressed as Fox Mulder. Though, as always, his costume was more thought-out, tattered and blood-stained from a bullet wound (Anasazi, of course).

3. Halloween theme - This is a funny one, because it doesn't have much nostalgic value for me. I was never a huge fan of Halloween, but this is a wonderful piece of music, and has a great urgent energy as a ringtone.

 4. "We're gonna get you. We're gonna get you. Not another pee-eep. Time to go to slee-eep." This one I had to make myself, sampled from Evil Dead.  It took a bit of rigging to get the volume decent. But I enjoy this one as a ring tone for people who don't call all that often. (or for credit card collections numbers)

5. Addams' Family theme. - Just makes me happy when my phone rings.

6. Friday the 13th - "ch ch ch ah ah ah" - This is a pretty great notification sound.

7. "1-2- Freddy's coming for you" Another sample, this one is good for morning alarms, I find. That is WHAT I HAVE FOUND IN MY RESEARCH.

8. Jaws - but not the theme, the song they sing on the boat, "Show me the way to go home." Another horror movie ringtone that makes me happy, a slow soft start, and a rousing finish. I start it at the thumping, usually.



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I feel like the Goblin's theme song from Deep Red would make a killer ringtone too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWONm4bbM3o

    Deleted and re-posted to fix a typo. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the Twilight Zone theme song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Tubular Bells as my ringtone for a few years. It went off once in a corporate elevator, causing some nervous looks among the passengers. One distinguished older gentleman, impeccably dressed in a suit worth more than my annual salary, looked sideways at me, nodded, and said, "That's the best fucking ringtone I've ever heard."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article. Thanks for this kind of article.
    Download Latest Movie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love to watch horror movies it is so adventurous and i always do that this article boosted me a lot thanks for sharing also check Top Ten Spooktastic Horror Movie Characters - funklist

    ReplyDelete