Friday, December 16, 2011

My horror movies.

So, I finally got around to cataloguing my horror DVDs, and I thought this would be a good time to ask what you might be interested in reading about next! Take a look at the list, and let me know if anything catches your eye! I bolded the movies that I have blog post ideas about already. And I italicized ones I have already written about.



  1. Splice
  2. Let The Right One In
  3. Shutter
  4. Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy
  5. Dark Moon & Vampire Werewolf Collection
  6. End of Days
  7. TEETH
  8. Mimic
  9. Fangoria Frightfest Presents Fragile
  10. Friday the 13th
  11. Silent Hill
  12. FRAILTY /SAW DOUBLE FEATU
  13. The Descent: Part 2
  14. Insidious
  15. Hatchet
  16. The Devil's Backbone
  17. What Lies Beneath
  18. The Legend of Hell House
  19. Messengers
  20. Pet Sematary 1
  21. The Frighteners
  22. Black Christmas
  23. Behind the Mask - The Rise of Leslie Vernon
  24. The Ruins
  25. Inside
  26. Dead Alive
  27. Dark Water
  28. The Others
  29. Friday The 13th REMAKE
  30. American Psycho
  31. The Mist
  32. May
  33. Joy Ride/
  34. Wrong Turn
  35. Martyrs
  36. The Host
  37. Gothika
  38. The Orphanage
  39. 30 Days of Night
  40. Red Dragon
  41. Monsters
  42. Ed Wood
  43. Wake Wood
  44. Roger Corman Creature Collection
  45. Sleepaway Camp
  46. The Descent
  47. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  48. [Rec] 2
  49. An American Werewolf in London
  50. Pontypool
  51. Return Of The Living Dead 1
  52. Ninth Gate/
  53. Stir Of Echoes
  54. Mother
  55. Species
  56. CABIN FEVER
  57. Night Of The Demons
  58. Night of the Demons
  59. Donkey Punch 
  60. A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2
  61. Manhunter
  62. A Tale of Two Sisters
  63. The Ninth Configuration
  64. Wolf Creek
  65. CRONOS
  66. Sleepy Hollow
  67. Ghost Ship
  68. Prom Night
  69. Crazies
  70. House of Wax
  71. Night of the Demons 2
  72. Puppet Master
  73. Constantine
  74. Chronicles Of Riddick Trilogy
  75. Rubber
  76. Sorority Row
  77. Firestarter: 
  78. Firestarter 2
  79. Oldboy
  80. I Saw the Devil
  81. The Final Destination Thrill-Ogy
  82. Exorcism Of Emily Rose
  83. Cape Fear
  84. Altered
  85. Black Christmas
  86. Evil Dead II
  87. The Haunting in Connecticut
  88. Return to House on Haunted Hill
  89. Halloween
  90. Dr. Giggles
  91. Carrie
  92. Piranha
  93. High Tension
  94. Frozen
  95. The Last Exorcism
  96. Lake Placid
  97. Frontier(s)
  98. The Cable Guy
  99. Pans Labyrinth
  100. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
  101. From Hell/
  102. Good Son
  103. Jennifers Body
  104. Dark Water
  105. Shutter orig
  106. The Evil Dead
  107. The Addams Family / 
  108. Addams Family Values
  109. Drag Me to Hell
  110. Ju-on
  111. Children of the Corn
  112. The Perfect Host
  113. Quarantine
  114. Deadgirl
  115. Rec
  116. A Nightmare on Elm Street
  117. The Blade Trilogy
  118. The Sixth Sense
  119. The Wicker Man
  120. Fright Night
  121. 28 Weeks Later
  122. Critters 1-4 Collection
  123. Silent Night Deadly Night
  124. The Silence of the Lambs
  125. Trick 'r Treat
  126. Thirteen Ghosts
  127. Jaws
  128. His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th
  129. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  130. House on Haunted Hill
  131. Flightplan
  132. Restraint
  133. Haunting
  134. Cloverfield
  135. Session 9
  136. Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
  137. The Thing
  138. 1408


32 comments:

  1. Carrie!
    Maybe a post on Dario Argento/giallo horror?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Deadgirl
    2. Pet Cemetery
    3. Teeth
    4. Behind The Mask
    5. Splice

    But really any of the bolded titles would be good.

    -Meghann

    ReplyDelete
  3. black christmas + silent night deadly night would be pretty timely // i'd love to see your thoughts on the blade movies // maybe a synthesis of teeth + silence of the lambs, or teeth + addams family values?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Black Christmas! I'd like to hear your thoughts on that

    ReplyDelete
  5. LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, The Host, Drag Me to Hell/The Evil Dead, Teeth (mostly for the overuse of the pan flute whenever the vagina dentata are mentioned. Oh god, the pan flute).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let The Right One In and I Saw The Devil, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to see what you thought of Teeth, I had no idea what to make of it. American Psycho would be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Let The Right One In (because it was amazing), Silent Hill (because I can't work out if I like it or not). Devil's Backbone vs. Orphanage might be good (I preferred the former). I also really loved Session 9 and converted a couple of my friends to it, but lots of people I know hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so wanting to see your posts about Splice, Let the Right One In, and Teeth. And Donkey Punch, because WTF? I can't even believe that movie exists (though, I must admit that I haven't actually seen it).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be up for any of them, honestly. I'm curious though, is there any order to this list? Is Splice your current favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Frighteners, Black Christmas, and Rubber, please. Oh, and the original Wicker Man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your list is a horror for a video store employee! Don't you alphabetize your movies?!

    I'd be amused to read what you might write about Teeth.

    Other than that hmm...
    Ninth Gate
    High Tension
    The Orphanage
    Sleepy Hollow

    Have you seen Natural Born Killers?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splice and Let The Right One In! both of those were good in very different ways.

    Ed Wood is also one of my favorite films, but I mean, it is Ed Wood. I think I have had more conversations about that movie and director than most other movies/directors out there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. May, first and foremost, being that it is my favourite horror movie.

    ...I would also love to hear your thoughts on Sleepaway Camp and Deadgirl, being that those are both movies that confound me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd be interested in what you had to say about Wake Wood

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would be interested in your thoughts on any of these, though deadgirl and ju-on would top my interest list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Host, Pet Semetary and Evil Dead pt one are all intriguing to me. I'd love to hear your take.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to hear you talk about Silent Hill. I saw it recently and really liked it. Most people seem to truly hate it and I'm not really sure why. I'm interested in what your take on it is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Let the Right One In.

    Let me preface this story by saying I have a damn good memory. Bu then there's my friend swears she and I watched Nicholas Cage's Wicker Man... and I honestly don't remember anything (and I wasn't drunk or high!). When she tells me about the things that happened in it, I kind of vaguely recollect some of them, but it just feels like I may have watched a few trailers. I don't know if I've just repressed it or what. I mean, I must have, she's not the type to lie about something like this. But I just can't... I

    ReplyDelete
  20. Session 9 and Behind the Mask. Or the Cable Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm looking forward to posts about several of the bolded movies, but I'd also LOVE to hear what you have to say about:

    16. The Devil's Backbone
    38. The Orphanage
    39. 30 Days of Night
    70. House of Wax (Is that the original or the remake? ...Either way.)
    79. Oldboy
    99. Pan's Labyrinth
    109. Drag Me to Hell
    125. Trick 'r Treat
    138. 1408

    ReplyDelete
  22. First and foremost, I'd like to read what you've got to say about Splice. That was such a crazy movie. I happened upon it (and watched it, not knowing the premise) and have been permanently changed, I live life a little bit more terrified and unsettled after having seen it.

    Would also like to see your review of Hatchet. I personally thought it was a great (if silly) movie but haven't really ever met anyone who's heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd like to add a vote for The Mist but given the quality of your posts I'm interested to hear what you have to say on any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ben, I remember being terrified during about the first half of Silent Hill. I don't remember the second half at all, but I liked what I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to hear your thoughts on Let the Right One In, maybe even a comparison to the remake. Both films are two of my personal favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was definitely interested in all the titles in bold but also interested in reading your thoughts on The Orphanage. If you ever get around to it you should check out Eden Lake. That's a movie I'd like to read your opinion about.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm wondering what you thought of Silent Hill, mostly because I'm very curious to know if you played any of the games. The second Silent Hill game was so compelling, and the movie is so... not.

    I was seriously disappointed by The Legend of Hell House, so I'm curious what you thought of that one.

    I love A Tale of Two Sisters so I'll throw in a vote for that too, and for The Orphanage and The Devil's Backbone... both outstanding.

    In a completely different way, I love Return of the Living Dead, which sincerely scared me when I was a kid, so it was a kick to buy it as an adult and find it's actually more of a comedy. So I'd also be interested to know what you think of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, first time poster though I've followed your blog since your first post. There are so, SO many movies I would love to see you review, but I'll try to limit my suggestions to a handful.

    Let The Right One In - Or the American 'Let Me In', which both were very good IMO. I'm a sucker for vampire movies.
    TEETH - Oh, this movie. I was hoping for something so much more in it. I found the attitude of the lead character at the end of the movie very... disturbing, as she was given "power" over men, but turned around and abused it. I... I don't know how to really adequately explain how I felt about it.
    FRAILTY - One of the very few movies in which the twist at the end surprised me.
    Hatchet - Heard this was awesome, but I haven't had time to watch it yet, and I would love to hear your take!
    Behind the Mask - The Rise of Leslie Vernon - A movie watched on whim on Netflix, this was fantastic.
    American Psycho - Possibly one of my favorite movies based on one of my favorite books of all time. A lot of people didn't understand the movie, just like they didn't understand the book. "Why is he monologuing about Huey Lewis?" ... oh, 80's. How I miss you so.
    30 Days of Night - Was sad it didn't follow the comic, but it was still a nicely ferocious vampire movie.
    Stir Of Echoes - Possibly one of the most painful things I've ever seen in a movie is that fingernail breaking. Yeeeesh.
    I Saw the Devil - I have heard such high recommendations of this one, and like Hatchet above, have not been able to see it yet.
    High Tension - Oh, I LOVE this movie! Almost all of the good horror is coming from other countries in the last decade, it seems.
    Fright Night - Vampire classic. :D
    Trick 'r Treat - Didn't think I'd like this, but it was creepy and spoofy all at the same time.
    House on Haunted Hill - Geoffrey Rush as Vincent Price (heh) in this movie just made it completely awesome.
    The Thing - One of the best remakes ever. I can't even begin to describe how helpless I felt watching it, putting myself in their position, out in the middle of nowhere, with SOMEthing around... *shiver*
    1408 - One of the rare good S. King adaptions, I didn't enjoy how they added a rather huge story element to it, which changed the whole feel of the movie. It was still... really good, but just... I would really love to hear your take on it.

    *waves* Thank you so much for all your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Descent! I would love to hear your thoughts on The Descent.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, Let the Right One In! I have not seen the US remake, might be interesting to do a comparison?

    ReplyDelete